Re: ldap_bind: No such object

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 09:40:22AM -0800, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> At 09:00 AM 3/15/00 -0800, Frank Liu wrote:
> >I am sorry I didn't compile the source myself. I grabbed
> >the binary from ...
>
> I suggest you report the problem to the repackager so that
> he/she may work with us on resolving the problem.

I suspect the problem is related to errant whitespace in one of the
config files used to initialize things.  I've been told by one of our
technical support people that whitespace at the end of a line doesn't
appear to always be automatically stripped off, and a couple of hours
ago in our test lab we found a test problem due to my own inconsistent
use of whitespaces inside of dn's (my own fault).

Our build tree has had one change since 1.2.9-4: we changed the startup
priority in the init script to start the server earlier in relation to
other services so that services running setuid to special users (where
those users were listed in the LDAP directory) would work properly.

Nalin