Re: How to replicate/refer to another LDAP server

Hi to all.

  Thanks for your answer but slurpd won't help because the master server
is an ICL LDAP gateway for an ICL X.500 server.

  But from your answer would you suggest using the LDAP to X.500 gateway
provided by OpenLDAP? Can that gateway "use" slurpd to replicate
informa-
tion to the slapd server which will hold the replicated data?

  Only a final question. If we add a referral object in the DIT will the
slapd server generate a referral to the client or will it chain the re-
quest and return the results to the client?

Best regards,

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> At 01:13 PM 3/6/00 +0000, Bruno Salgueiro wrote:
> >Hi to all.
> >
> >  I am a newbie using OpenLDAP and I would like to know if you could
> >help me to replicate/refer to another LDAP.
> >
> >  About the replication, I tried to use the centipede program and it
> >fails with the following error :
>
> centipede is an experiemental program.  For simple replication
> services, see slurpd(8).  Operation of both programs is described
> in the U-Mich guide.  http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=106
>
> Additional info is available in the archives of this list.
>
> Kurt

Bruno Salgueiro       (mailto:bs@sibs.pt)

SIBS - Sociedade Interbancária de Serviços
Rua Soeiro Pereira Gomes, Lote 1, 1600 Lisboa, Portugal

Tel: + 351 21 791 88 33
Fax: + 351 21 793 50 80
http://www.sibs.pt

Esta mensagem foi assinada com certificado MULTIcert.
Para obter o certificado da Autoridade de Certificação
PILOTO MULTIcert dirija-se ao site
            http://www.sibs.multicert.com

"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
                                        --Pablo Picasso