Re: Question about Net-LDAPapi-1.43

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

> ldap_compat.h shouldn't be redefining LDAP_OPT_REFERRALS.
> As LDAP_OPT_REFERRALS is same (2) under U-Mich LDAP 3.3 and
> OpenLDAP 1.2, I suspect this is a Net-LDAPapi bug... likely
> breaking referral option handling.
>
> You might contact the author... but don't be surprised if the
> response is: "Net-LDAPapi is deprecated in favor of PerLDAP
> (http://www.mozilla.org/directory/)."  Also note that net::LDAP
> is also available (http://www.gbarr.demon.co.uk/perl-ldap/).

OK, I'll try to use the net::LDAP. Thank you for notifying me.

> Hack the Makefile and add -lresolv (or whatever) to EXTRALIBS
> such that res_search will be found.

I've done that, and I added all the libraries that I found in openldap
package, but it still didn't work.
Maybe I just have to edit one of the *.c or *.h files.
Among the header files, function res_search can only be found in
portable.h.
Is there any way to omit or skip using that function ?
Thanks.

Regards,
 -Fira-