Re: No such Object

> I then tried to use ldapadd, but I get the same error 32, No Such Object.
Figuring it was my ldif file, I created a new file, just copying the line
from the manpage and changing the lines to match what I have in the
slapd.conf file.

You need to add your hierarchy entries before you start adding member
entries.
I ran into this a lot before I figured it out. Basically, you can't add
dn:cn=Joe Schmoe,ou=orgunit,dc=blah,dc=com without having
ou=orgunit,c=blah,dc=com defined first. It doesn't know where to stick it,
thus your 'No Such Object' error.

Seth Thornberry
http://chaos.greeny.org/~deadpan