Re: attribute inheritance

Kurt,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I just want to clarify: Is this a limitation of OpenLDAP 1.x, or is this
something which shouldn't be done in LDAP. I assume in the spirit of the
internet/open software the answer will be "anything goes, especially if
you do it yourself".

I have another application where I want to create nodes dynamically
whenver someone asks for them (kind of a cache). I assume that could be
done easily by hacking up the database backend.

Are there some guidlines on how to add extensions to the server?

Thanks,

-max