Re: Database backend

In my slapd.conf I have ldbm
In my configure options I have auto
In usr/include I have db.h and gdbm.h

I think that I am using the gdbm.h as the Berkeley database does not contain a version number. and LDAP requires version 2.7.5.

I am currently having problems when dowloading Roaming information from a NT station to LDAP.
The data is transmitted from the PC and received by the Unix server, but when it tries to update the LDAP database, the following message is displayed in the syslog ( approx 100 times):

read activity on 7
ber_get_next on fd 7 failed errno 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)
*** got 1456 of 8285 so far ( this number changes every time)

As far as I can see 1.2.9 contains patch to add.c
Lastmod set to on in slapd.conf.

Access in Slapd.conf is:
access to attr=userpassword
by self write
by * none

access to dn="*,dc=pokuscca,dc=cz"
by self write
by * read

Do you know whether the backend that I am using will affect the download.
I am trying to get authorisation to upgrade the Berkeley DB.

Deke Clinger suggested that I try and create roaming from a UNIX type machine - I am looking in how to do this and whether I have access to one.

Any ideas would be very welcome, I have been trying to get this to work for a week, reloaded and reconfigured my test slapd database twice. It was not configured using the root usercode and all the files etc are resident under test directories. Our live LDAP runs on the same machine!