Re: Microsoft Outlook 98 and OE fail with OpenLDAP

On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 16:21:40 -0600, Dustin Puryear wrote:
> I am trying to use OpenLDAP in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook 98 for a
> company directory. (Who isn't?) Anyway, I have been totally unsuccessful. I
> have confirmed that OpenLDAP works using ldapsearch. However, when I use
> Outlook to perform the query I get a "no entries" error.
>
> I will supply the relevant portions of the debug output of slapd (level 4),
> and how I performed the test queries, in the hopes that someone can help
> solve this problem. Thanks for that help! :)
> SRCH "DC=WNET" 2 0    0 0 0
> SRCH "WNET" 2 3    100 30 0

Can you spot the difference? Remember to include dc= when specifying the
search base to Outlook.

/Niels

--
Niels Baggesen,  UNI-C,  Olof Palmes Alle 38,  DK-8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Email: Niels.Baggesen@uni-c.dk - Tel: +45 8937 6669 - Fax: +45 8937 6677