Re: ldapd

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Asfira Sagitri wrote:

	Chances are, you're looking for slapd.  slapd is the actual LDAP
server.

# Hi all,
# I'm a newbie in LDAP.
# I was trying to install the OpenLDAP 1.2.9. The ANNOUNCEMENT file
# suggested that this version also provides ldapd. So, I also included
# --enable-ldapd=yes when doing the ./configure.
# But after doing the configure, I got this message :
#
# configure: warning: ldapd support deprecated. Manual intervention
# required.
#
# When the installation was over, I still haven't got any binary ldapd
# installed in my computer.
# I searched the FAQ but I still haven't got any answer to my problem.
# What kind of "manual intervention" should I do ?
#
# Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you for your kind attention.
#
# Best regards,
#
#  -Fira-
# Dept. of Electrical Engineering,
# Institut Teknologi Bandung,
# Indonesia
#
#

--
dustin sallings                            The world is watching America,
http://2852210114/~dustin/                 and America is watching TV.