ldap search from the web script

Hi all,
I'm not yet an expert in LDAP, but i succeeded in setting up my ldap
server. So i can add an entry with the ldapadd command, and do a search
with ldapsearch command or
using netscape directory.
I'd like to do a web interface (web page), on wich i can put fields like
first name, last name, email, telephone,... to allow the search from a
web page.
This supposes certainly to write some scripts that can make a querry on
the ldap server.
What are conditions for that to work?
Does anyone have a script ready so that he can give it to me?

Many thanks in advance.

--
Xavier
begin:          vcard