Re: Using OpenLDAP instead of Netscape Directory server

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Raj Mathur wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone tried using OpenLDAP as a replacement for netscape
> directory server, so that other netscape applications (messaging,
> news, calendar, etc) are able to fetch and update data from/into
> openldap?  What would be the schema in case someone wants to do this?

I tried for some time getting Netscape Calendar server 4.0 to work with
OpenLDAP but it didn't work.  I got the same kind of replies on the Netscape
Calendar Server newsgroup.

> On a related note, has anyone managed to make Netscape Directory and
> OpenLDAP replicate with each other?
>
> Finally, how does OpenLDAP handle SSL, if at all?
>
> Regards,
>
> -- Raju

Nico

 "It has been said that there are only two businesses
  refer to customers as users: illegal drug trade and
               the computer industry."
Nico De Ranter
Sony Service Center (SUPC-E/DME-B)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: nico.deranter@sonycom.com