Problem with binary attributes changing after server restart

Using the LDBM backend on the current 2.0-devel, I add some binary
attributes, stop the server, and then restart the server.

When I bring the server back up again, the values of the binary
attributes (only) have changed.

$ slapd
$ <add entries>
$ ldapsearch objectclass=krb5kdcentry ... > T0.ldif
$ kill <pid of slapd>
$ slapd
$ ldapsearch objectclass=krb5kdcentry ... > T1.ldif
$ diff T0.ldif T1.ldif
24,27c24,27
< krb5key:: MBqgAwIBAKETMBGgAwIBAaEKBAin9z17+/ozvQ==
< krb5key:: MBqgAwIBAKETMBGgAwIBAqEKBAin9z17+/ozvQ==
< krb5key:: MBqgAwIBAKETMBGgAwIBA6EKBAin9z17+/ozvQ==
< krb5key:: MCqgAwIBAKEjMCGgAwIBEKEaBBhDT+pavLs2Wlq9zp3I1TKdekWihCecZ/w=
---
> krb5key:: MBqgAwIBAAAAAAAAAAAAACCsCwgwrAsIAQAAAA==
> krb5key:: MBqgAwIBAAAAAAAAAAAAACCsCwgwrAsIAQAAAA==
> krb5key:: MBqgAwIBAAAAAAAAAAAAACCsCwgwrAsIAQAAAA==
> krb5key:: MCqgAwIBAAAAAAAAAAAAACCsCwgwrAsIAQAAAGCsCwhrcmI1a2RjZmxhZ3M=
... (more of same)

Any ideas? This is really bizarre, I'll nut it out eventually
but I'm curious if this is a known bug.

cheers,

-- Luke

luke howard                                                  lukeh@PADL.COM