More ACL's (check bind, etc)

Hi All,

Thanks to Marco Ferrante (ferrante@unige.it), I've managed to solve
most of my ACL problems.  However, one question still remains (doesn't
it always?):

- How do I check whether a bind to a DN has succeeded, and with what
access it has succeeded?  The final hack, of course, is to try to
write something into the database and check if the write succeeded, to
ensure that a bind with write permissions has succeeded, but that
looks a bit ugly, doesn't it?  There MUST be a better way!

Thanks in advance for answers, and a Joyful and Prosperous Christmas
and New Year to you all.

Regards,

-- Raju