RE: Size limitation on LDBM ?

Wayne,

You asked:

> Is there an upper limit on the number of objects that can be
> stored in a
> single LDBM ? I assume you can keep pumping in objects till
> the database
> hits the 256 terabytes limit for the Berkeley DB?

slapd uses type ID to refer to an entry from an index.
On my system this is defined in slap.h to be an unsigned
long, sizeof(unsigned long) == 4. One of this range
is reserved to be NOID, so you can have 2^32 - 1 maximum
number of entries (DNs). Probably somewhat less than the
256 TB (unless you're really storing a whole lot of data
under each DN).

Bernard.