How do I create my Schema

I started out listing all the "fields" required for the data I will need. I have
read all about Schemas from "Mark Wilcox:  Implementing LDAP",
and "Tim Howes: Understanding and Deploying LDAP Directory Services", and I
still don't get it. Where/what is the file that the "Schema" is represented
with.
Is it the slapd.conf., slapd.oc.conf, slapd.at.conf... and how do I create my
attributes? Do I just start listing them like in the examples from both of these

"popular" LDAP books. What I really want is a sample Schema that I can look at
and learn from.

This is a list of the data I want to track. These fields represend an object
called "users". This is the basic information needed for the employees at my
company.

I will also have "fields" for domains, printers, File servers, software, etc.

I just need a clue to get started. Can someone point me in the right direction.
The greatest help would be a sample Schema.

Thanks alot.

Leonard

PIN: Unique Identifier
SSN: Social Security Number