Re: Can't contact LDAP server (sorry, it's long)

I get essentially the same response as you when I try to use ldapsearch
against openldap 1.2.7 on RH 6.0

What is the debug output from slapd (server)?
run in non-forking mode such as: slapd -d 9

I'm curious if you get something such as I do (connection denied).

SLAP reports the following:
slapd[23791]: select activity on 1 descriptors
slapd[23791]: new connection on 8
slapd[23791]: fd=8 connection from localhost (127.0.0.1) denied.
slapd[23791]: listening for connections on 6, activity on
slapd[23791]:
slapd[23791]: before select active_threads 0

Let's solve this togethe!
Regards,
David