Re: Access Control Question

Actually its the security software.  It can use LDAP as an adjunct to its own
proprietary RDBM backend to perform authentication but in doing so (at least
in our version) binds to LDAP using cleartext passwords.  From an intranet
standpoint that *might* be acceptable but it would have to be over SSL to
really be effective.  What strikes me is that I could get the encrypted root
user authenticated whereas any other encrypted or clear text user failed.
This leads me to believe I inadvertantly mucked up something during testng,
so I'm going to give it try from the top again.

Thanks for the response - Tod