ldapsearch - "Operatings error" ?

 I'm trying to setup nss_ldap on a RedHat 6.1 box. It seems to be working -
I have run the required scripts in the Migration_tools package, and pinging
hosts that are only listed in the LDAP database works.

 However, wierdly, I can no longer ldapsearch the database. It worked only
an hour ago:

[root@oracle1 /root]#  ldapsearch  "(objectclass=ipHost)"
ldap_search: Operations error
ldap_search: additional info: [OM 2409] Failed to create new file: unable to change ownership.

 Any idea what's the story here. One of my terminals can still run
ldapsearch. The rest don't!

John

--
Microsoft. The best reason in the world to drink beer.
http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~valen