Beginner Problem with adding object

Hi there.

We have a Netscape LDAP Sever here which I have to replace by a openldap
running on linux.
The server is installed and runnging find. We have a DB where a .ldif file
is generated (which is imported in teh Netscape server until now) ....
I try now to add the entries with ldapadd ... but I only get a:

ldap_bind: No such object

As the FAQ says this means that the parent entry is not yet entered .. but
LDAP is still quite confusing to me .. the ew.ldif file starts like this:

dn: o=EveryWare, c=ch
objectclass: top
objectclass: organization
subtreeaci: +(|(privilege=read)(privilege=search))
o: EveryWare
modifytimestamp: 19990908121439Z

dn: c=ch
objectclass: top
objectclass: country
c: Switzerland
modifytimestamp: 19990908121439Z

dn: ou=everyware, o=EveryWare, c=ch
objectclass: top
objectclass: person
objectclass: inetOrgPerson
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: everyware
cn: EveryWare Ltd.
sn: EveryWare Ltd.
givenname:
mail: everyware@everyware.ch
postaladdress: EveryWare Ltd.
postaladdress: Mainaustr. 12
postalcode: 8008
l:: WvxyaWNo
telephonenumber: +41 1 385 59 00
facsimiletelephonenumber: +41 1 385 59 10
modifytimestamp: 19990908121439Z

so I suppose something is wrong even with the first entry ....

can someone help or point me in the right direction?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Eggenberger Marc