pro and cons of threads

Hi,

I was wondering about the use of threads within openldap.
I did some performance tests, and in our particular setup (running on
linux with a few permanent connections), the non threaded version is a
bit faster, while keeping the load a little lower. We were thinking to
use the non-threaded version though, but before that, I'd like to have
the experts point of view about it.

What are the pros and cons of using (or not using) threads in openldap ?
Are there known issues when using/not using them ?

Thanks for your answers,

Gaël.

--
 Gaël Roualland - gael.roualland@iname.com