RE: a better search?

I've about 5000 entries, also with a uid value with equality index on it, running
on a PII 300 32 Mbyte, and a query for uid don't take never more than 2-3
seconds.
Can we see you slapd.conf and a list of file in your database directory?

> Marco,
>
> 	Thanks for the response.  I had not created the index.  However,
> when I did set this index up there was no change.  What could I be doing
> wrong?  My search still takes about 60secs on a unix box.  The search has
> the following parameters
>
> 		$hd_mesg = $hd_ldap->search(
> 			base   => "$base",
> 			filter => "uid=*",
> 			scope => 'sub',
> 			attrs => "uid"
> 	    ) or die "unable to search ldap";
>
> 	This should search through about 4500 entries. Is it just the fact
> that this many entries causes a slowdown?
>
> 	- Mike

Marco Ferrante (ferrante@unige.it)
CSITA (Centro Servizi Informatici e Telematici d'Ateneo)
Università degli Studi di Genova - Italy
Viale Brigata Salerno - 16147 Genova
tel (+39) 0103532621 (interno tel. 2621)