RE: a better search?

Marco,

	Thanks for the response.  I had not created the index.  However,
when I did set this index up there was no change.  What could I be doing
wrong?  My search still takes about 60secs on a unix box.  The search has
the following parameters

		$hd_mesg = $hd_ldap->search(
			base   => "$base",
			filter => "uid=*",
			scope => 'sub',
			attrs => "uid"
	    ) or die "unable to search ldap";

	This should search through about 4500 entries. Is it just the fact
that this many entries causes a slowdown?

	- Mike