Re: Any Radius servers with "LDAP" backends?

wilbert de graaf wrote:

> Subodh,
>
> : Has anyone seen Radius server that actually uses ldap server to "fetch"
> : username/password and other information typically required by network
> : access devices like dial-in routers?
>
> We're using radiator from www.open.com.au and it works perfect with ldap,
> and for that reason with openldap.

If you aren't on the Radiator list you may have missed this,
which may also be of interest to other people here, since it will
allow Radiator to support the internet draft RADIUS schema with
appropriate configuration files.

Mike McCauley wrote on Fri, 5 Nov 1999 08:15:33 -0500:
> Subject: Re: (RADIATOR) LDAP Request
>
> we have rolled in the changes sent by Steven (with some minor mods), and I have
> attached the new AuthLDAP.pm that will be in the next release.
>
> You can use it to specify any number of LDAP attributes and how they map into
> check and reply items:
>
> AuthAttrDef     ldapattribute,Radius-Attribute,type
>
> eg:
> AuthAttrDef     servicetype,Service-Type,check
> AuthAttrDef     address,Framed-IP-Address,reply
>

> Please let us know how it goes.
> Thanks to Steven Ames for contributing the code.

The post doesn't appear in their list archives or ftp site at
the time I write this, but should appear soon.