[Q] populating new slave from existing master

Hello,

I have a populated master (a bit less than 1000).
I would like to populate my new slave and I thought it would be possible with
slurpd.

According to different man and forum, I wonder whether it's possible or not :

man slurpd -> umich guide
<http://www.umich.edu/%7Edirsvcs/ldap/doc/guides/slapd/11.html>http://www.u
mich.edu/~dirsvcs/ldap/doc/guides/slapd/11.html  :
        " copy database and NEXTID file "
In
<http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/9907/msg00055.html>http://w
ww.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/9907/msg00055.html, Kurt Zeilenga
wrote
        " Even between homogeneous systems, you shouldn't copy the database
files
between the master and it's slaves. "

So, how is it possible to ask slurpd replicate all entries from the master to
the empty slave ?

Of course, I have solution like making a ldif file (ldbmcat) and build the new
slave.

Thanks in advance

Eric
( Eric Brehier - Service Commun Informatique     )
( Universite de Limoges - France                       )
( e-mail : eric.brehier@unilim.fr                         )