Re: Domain Name Suffix

Hi Kristina,

>  I do not know which objectclasses
> and attributes to use and how to set up my base array for mail500.
> Can you tell me what objectclasses and attributes you are using in
> myldif?  It would be of great help to me!

My myldif looks like:

dn=Richard Stallman, o=PACOM, c=US
cn:  Richard Stallman
o:  JICPAC
mail:  ABstalrm@pacom.osis.gov
telephoneNumber:  123-456-7890
department:  Computer Hacking
objectclass:  person

dn=Bill Joy, o=... (continues with this
same format for the rest of our users)

The funny thing is that all this worked the first time through.
I couldn't believe it.  I used the command "ldapadd ..." listed
below.  Now our users on Unix Netscape and Outlook Express
can use the address book.

BTW, we're on a Solaris network.  I put together the e-mail
addresses from our nis+ passwd file: "niscat passwd > output".
Then I used cut to get the correct info out of this multi-columned
file.  Then I used the ldapTools perl module migrate_common.ph,
I think, from www.padl.com/tools.htm to create the myldif file.
You just need to edit the migrate_common.ph file replacing
items such as $DEFAULT_MAIN_DOMAIN, $DEFAULT_BASE,
etc.  They make things so easy don't they.  :)  You can throw the
other junk like telephone numbers, etc, in from this script.
I remember thinking "thank god" for this perl script.

> By the way, are you using mail500 as your delivery agent or
> have you compiled Sendmail with LDAP support?

No.  Not yet, but I have been archiving your notes from the
past few days because I'm planning to do so soon.

Regards,
Glenn