Re: Mail server and address lookup by Sendmail using OpenLDAP.

This is in reference to the original message I sent which is below.
I spent the whole day today trying to integrate mail500 into sendmail, which I
have finally managed to do...I hope it will run okay!

I still need some help on how to set up OBJECTCLASSES and attributes in LDAP
to use with mail500 and sendmail for my system which is described below.

Thanks in advance,
Kristina

At 14:44 99/11/07 +0900, you wrote:
> I am posting  to you all again about what I am trying to do with Sendmail an
> d OpenLDAP.
>
> My organization has thousands of users.  In an attempt to make management
> of user accounts easier I have been assigned with creating an LDAP directory
> service for our relay mail server(mail hub).
>
> I want to register all user accouts on the LDAP server which the
> relay mail server(mail hub) will look up for email routing to our three mail
> servers.
> **That is, the mail hub will refer to LDAP to know to which
> mail host(mail server) it should relay the mail for a particular user**
WHICH
> AT THE SAME TIME PROVIDES A SECURITY FUNCTION AS MAIL SENT TO OR FROM A USER
> NOT REGISTERED ON THE LDAP SERVER WILL NOT BE RELAYED THE MAIL BY THE
> MAIL HUB** (Below is a basic diagram)
>
> Upon reading the Man pages for mail500 I need to write a base array which
> corresponds my LDAP.  HOWEVER, MY FIRST QUESTION IS
> WHAT OBJECT CLASSES AND ATTRIBUTES DO I USE IN LDAP TO CONTAIN
> THE EMAIL ADDRESS AND MAIL SERVER OF USERS?
>
> At first, I thought I should use the "inetOrgPerson" objectclass as it has
 an