ldappasswd -H crypt used md5

Can someone explain to me why 'ldappasswd -H crypt ...' ends up putting
an md5 password in the database?  I'm using 1.2.7, on a solaris 2.6
system.  I know that crypt is working in the database, because if
I manually put in a '{crypt}hashstring' I can successfully bind using
that password.

What gives?

thanks,
bl
--
||Sr. Systems Administrator|                                                 ||