OpenLDAP client binaries and sendmail

I have sendmail.8.9.3 and the latest stable version of OpenLDAP installed on
 Solaris7
I want to use OpenLDAP with sendmail.

I am making no progress.  I understand that I first need to link the openldap
client libaries to compile sendmail with LDAP support.

How do I do this?
I would very much appreciate precise detail on how to configure sendmail.
Thankyou Kristina

***FURTHER DETAILS: ***
 I am referring to the document titled "Using LDAP with Sendmail 8.x"
at http://www.stanford.edu/~bbense/Inst.html. It tells me basically three th
ings:

1) I need the openldap client libaries.
I DO NOT KNOW WHERE IN LDAP THEY EXIST!
MAYBE, .../ldap/include???????

2)That I need to define the LDAPMAP macro in the makefile.

3)That I need to add -lldap -llber
IS THIS DONE AT THE FILE .../sendmail8.9.3/src/BuildTools/OS/SunOS.5.7??????
 and
HOW!!!!!

I look forward to any help as I am absolutely stuck!!