RE: No object found.....

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, Administrator wrote:

> I want you to know that I just solved the problem I had. I recompiled the
> entire package without linuxthreads. The test suite generates sensible
> results and so do my personal ldapsearches. Maybe I'll try pth some day
> but for now this will do.

Ahh, so in fact it was the threads issue.  Fair enough.  OpenLDAP 1.x seems to
be increasingly tripping over threads problems on various platforms.

Just to reassure myself that I haven't gotten everything mixed up - should
devel code (ie., 2.x) be okay with pre-emptive threading environments (eg.,
Solaris) where OpenLDAP 1.x is not, or do the same caveats/problems persist?

Cheers..

dave