Re: des_encrypt

At 01:57 PM 10/22/99 +0200, Ray Jackson wrote:
>Is this something to do with Kerberos and conflicting variables on my
>system?

Yes.

>Does anybody know a solution to this problem?

First, you need to disable either crypt or Kerberos.  Only
one can work... that which gets the it's des_encrypt.  Then,
if you keep Kerberos support,  you may have to hack the headers
to resolve build issues.  See devel list discussions (about a
month ago) concerning this.  There were patches provided for
devel that you could easily be ported to 1.2.

>I tried to play
>with the code a bit, but have had no success!  We are currently looking
>at OpenLDAP as an alternative to Netscape and I need to get it running
>ASAP for the management here at CERN.

Quick fix is to configure --without-kerberos

----
Kurt D. Zeilenga <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org>
OpenLDAP Project <http://www.OpenLDAP.org/>