Re: ldap for unix auth

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Seth Vidal wrote:
> is anyone currently using openldap for an NIS replacement?

We are, but on a very small network (only about 50 machines). Different
versions of Linux, all with glibc 2.0 or higher. On those that support it,
nscd is enabled.

> If so do you have any references that you used and can you tell me about
> any speed comparison's/tweaks you may have done to the system?

I used the software from PADL (http://www.padl.com/), which seems to be the
standard way to do it on glibc or Solaris systems. Performance is adequate,
but we didn't perform any detailed measurements.

--
		Ingo Luetkebohle / 21st Century Digital Boy
dev/consulting Gesellschaft fuer Netzwerkentwicklung und -beratung mbH