ldap_bind: Invalid credentials

Hi all,

I'm working on creating a directory.  I installed openldap 1.2.

My slapd.conf is like:
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.at.conf
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.oc.conf
schemacheck     off
referral        ldap://ldap.itd.umich.edu

pidfile  /var/slapd.pid
argsfile /var/slapd.args

database        ldbm
suffix          "o=ittc, c=US"
directory       /usr/local/ldap_open
rootdn          "cn=jyao, o=ittc, c=US"
rootpw          secret

My myif file is like:
dn:     o=ukans, c=US
o:      ukans
sn:     KU
objectclass: organization

dn:     ou=ittc, o=ukans, c=US
ou:     ittc
cn:     testbed7
mail:   testbed7@ittc.ukans.edu
objectclass: person

dn:     ou=eecs, o=ukans, c=US
ou:     eecs
cn:     jyao
sn:     yao
objectclass: person

First Problem, when I run ldapadd, it will not work.

If I run ldapadd with "-w secret", such as [ ldapadd -D "o=ukans, c=US" -w
secret -f myif1 ], it will give me [ ldap_bind: DSA is unavailable ].

If I run ldapadd without "-w secret", such as [/ldapadd -D "o=ukans, c=US"
-f myif1 ], the information will be [ adding new entry ou=chemistry,
o=ukans,c=US ], and it will be adding forever.

Second Problem, I can't use ldapsearch.

I run ldif2ldbm in /sbin. [ ldif2ldbm -f slapd1.conf -i myif ]

Then I found there are database files NEXTID, dn.dbb,dn2id.dbb,
id2children.dbb,  id2entry.dbb and  objectclass.dbb in
/usr/local/ldap_open. I use ldbmcat to check the files. I can only see the
content in id2entry.dbb. It is like this:
1
dn:     o=ukans, c=US
o:      ukans
sn:     KU
objectclass: organization

2
dn:     ou=ittc, o=ukans, c=US
ou:     ittc
cn:     testbed7
mail:   testbed7@ittc.ukans.edu
objectclass: person

3
dn:     ou=eecs, o=ukans, c=US
ou:     eecs
cn:     jyao
sn:     yao
objectclass: person

But, when I search the databaes,  I can only get

	ldap_search: No such object
	ldap_search: matched: c=US

Could someone help me?

Thanks,