best logging option for slapd crashes?

Every night I have a couple of perl scripts run that updates our ldap server.
They do quite a few transactions (10,000+ when combing lookups, adds, modifies
and deletes). Periodically, I find slapd down the next morning and the data is
corrupted (both indexes and entries). The last thing I generally get in my
scripts log file is an error code 1 (operations error).

There is never a core file in ./libexec. I currently don't have any logging
turned on in slapd.conf. I'm about to setup a test server to see if I can
isolate the problem and am wondering what loglevel I should use in slapd.conf?

---
Jason Bodnar + jbodnar@tivoli.com + Tivoli Systems

I swear, sometimes I'd forget my own head if it wasn't up my ass. -- Jason
Bodnar