Re: Why is do_ldap_select in wait4msg called twice for a ldap_search_s?

We are searching for an exact match entry and we are
not clear how the search process work.

ldap_search_s contains the folloing function tree:

ldap_search_s
	ldap_search
	ldap_result
		wait4msg
			do_ldap_select

Each time  ldap_search_s (not including binding),
we found that wait4msg is called once, but the
do_ldap_select is called twice. While at the server do_search is called
only once. We'd like to know why do_ldap_select in wait4msg is called
twice?
What is it supposed to return each time a do_ldap_select is called?
We also found that the first time do_ldap_select is called, it took
17 ms (similar to the do_search time 14 ms), while the second time the
do_ldap_select is called, it took 45 ms.
We'd like to know what results is it expecting? Why does it take
so long?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Xin