openldap and communicator roaming access

I have followed the instructions (with a few modifications) in the
following url's closely:

http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/lw-1999-07/lw-07-ldap_tutorial.html
http://linuxworld.com/linuxworld/lw-1999-09/lw-09-ldap-netscape.html

I have installed the latest BerkeleyDB and OpenLDAP release on a
RH6.0 box with Albert-FitzPatrick's patch.
	After configuring Netscape Communicator for roaming access
and exiting the program, I restarted and chose the User Profile.  It
asked for the password.  So far so good.  I enter the password, but
it said "An authorization error occured, please try retyping your
password."
	Yesterday, I edited the contents of the ldif file from
"userpassword= secret" to "userpassword=secret", and added the
user on the ldap server.  Now, on Netscape Communicator, after
choosing the Profile Name and entering the Password, I am able to
access the ldap server and upload the user profiles.  The catch is I
am able to access the ldap server with no password entered or the
correct password entered.  What do I do to correct this?

Another problem is that ideally, when I choose Guest (for Profile
Name) on the Communicator Profile Manager, enter the User Name
and Password, I should be able to download the user profile --
bookmarks, browser configuration, etc...  but the browser is left
unconfigured, which means that the profile was not downloaded.
How do I resolve this?

Thanks for your assistance.

Ronald Warner
PC/Network Engineer
De La Salle University
Information Systems and Technology Center
Computer Facilities Operations Office
2401 Taft Ave
Malate, Manila 1004