Re: Binding process with Netscape

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark C Smith <mcs@netscape.com>
To: Louis Simon <louis@vircom.com>
Cc: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
Sent: Friday, October 01, 1999 11:49 AM
Subject: Re: Binding process with Netscape

> > Louis Simon wrote:

> > Now, a strange behavior occurs with Netscape:
> >
> >  When I perform a search,  I get a list of entries result, no problem
> > there.
> > But when I click an entry to see the properties, Netscape open a new
> > HTML
> > page and displays not the selected entry, but ALL the entries of my
> > database!
> >
> > I found out that when I click an entry in the Netscape list, it's make
> > search call to SLAPD. I found out that the search value of "fstr" in
> > the
> > do_search() function is "(objectclass=*)".
> >
> > Now, I don't understand why Netscape is sending me this value, since I
> > have
> > only clicked on one entry.
>
> What scope and base are used for the search?  The scope should be
> LDAP_SCOPE_BASE and the base should be the DN of the entry you clicked
> on, which will read exactly one entry.

Ok, I found something to work around.
Yes, the scope is LDAP_SCOPE_BASE and the base is the DN of the entry I
clicked.

It's just that my back_search() function was not looking for the
LDAP_SCOPE_BASE and I was not using the DN within my search. I based my
search function on Outlook Express, and there are little differences using
Netscape.

But now it's working fine :)

Tks

Louis