Re: Default schema

At 01:33 PM 8/31/99 +0200, Verschraegen Luc wrote:
>  Is there in the absence of a slapd.conf file a default schema (set of
>object classes and attributes) available, for instance are the attributes
>ou, cn, c ... by default known to the software with there syntactic and
>semantic meaning, if so where can I find this schema.

Yes.  Slapd makes certain assumptions concerning schema rules as
needed to implement the service, including:
	objectclass attribute type stores the object class
	userPassword attribute type stores the user's password
	objectclass 'referral' is a referral
	attribute type ref holds referral URLs.

as well as rules for "operational" attribute types.

It is recommend that users of OpenLDAP only EXTEND the schema
provided.

Kurt