Re: ldapadd/ldapmodify problem

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> At 09:18 AM 8/24/99 +0530, vineet chaoji wrote:
> >-------------------------------------------
> >[root@xanadu tools]# ldapadd -D "cn=directory manager"
> >-W   < ~vineet/office.ldif
> >Enter LDAP Password:xxxxxxx
> >ldap_bind: Invalid credentials
> >---------------------------------------------
> >rootdn          "cn=directory manager, o=office.pspl.co.in"
> >rootpw         xxxxxxxxxxx
> ># cleartext passwords, especially for the rootdn, should
> ># be avoid.  See slapd.conf(5) for details.
>
> try ldapadd -D "cn=directory manager, o=office.pspl.co.in" -W
>
> Note also that OpenLDAP supports U-Mich LDAP.... hence
> axe the "version: 1" and the comments.
> >--------------------------------------------------------
> ># This file was generated by gq 0.2.2   (http://biot.com/gq/)
> ># run by vineet Fri Aug 20 14:28:47 1999
> ># subtree search on o=office.pspl.co.in
> ># server: wimbledon.intranet.pspl.co.in:389
> ># binddn: cn=directory manager
> >version: 1
> >
> >dn: o=office.pspl.co.in
> >objectclass: top
> >objectclass: organization
> >o: office.pspl.co.in
> >creatorsname: cn=directory manager
> >createtimestamp: 19990713122939Z
> >aci: (target="ldap:///o=office.pspl.co.in";)(targetattr="*")(version 3.0;

> > cl "unknown"; allow (all) userdn = "ldap:///anyone";; )
> >modifiersname: cn=directory manager
> >modifytimestamp: 19990713123012Z
> >
> >dn: officecompanydomain=pspl_pune, o=office.pspl.co.in
> >objectclass: infocompany
> >objectclass: preferencesCompany
> >officecompanydomain: pspl_pune
> >officecompanyid: c-pspl_pune
> >officecompanyname: Persistent Systems Private Limited
> >officecompanyoffice: o-pspl_pune-coffeeroom
> >officestreetaddress: Panini, 2A Senapati Bapat Road
> >officelocation: Near Chatushringi Temple
> >officecity: Pune
> >officestate: Maharashtra
> >officecountry: India
> >officepostalcode: 411 016
> >officephone: +91 (20) 567 6700
> >officefax: +91 (20) 567 6701
> >officemobile: 91 (20) 567 67 00
> >officepager: 1-800-PAGER
> >officewebpageurl: www.pspl.co.in
> >officecompanysize: 120
> >
> >Could anyone tell me what the problem is?
> >I had another doubt: How do I tell the OpenLDAP server about my own
> >schema(i.e. the must and may fields in the object classes)?
>
> Create your own files containing slapd.conf(5) schema directives
> (objectclass and attribute).  See the slapd.oc.conf/slapd.at.conf
> and/or the archives for examples.
>
> Kurt

Hi Kurt,
I was able to add entries. Thanks a lot . But I am facing another problem.
I added the objectclass definitions in the slapd.conf. But still I can't add
entries which have nothing in their 'allows'  attributes. When I put
something in the LDIF file for those attributes then the entry is added.

Thanks,
Vineet.