Re: maildrop question

At 03:18 PM 8/23/99 -0500, O'Gorman, James wrote:
>I am a LDAP newbie that is just learning the ropes.
>
>I am trying to get my MTA to use the maildrop attrib in the ldap server to
>know where to save the users e-mail. I have postfix all configured (AFAICT
>with out being able to test it), but am having troubles getting the user
>entries added to the LDAP server.
>
>here is the ldif file I am trying to import:
>
>dn: uid=Manager, o=company, c=US
>uid: Manager
>objectclass:  account
>userpassword: password
>maildrop: manager@comany.com
>
>When I do a "ldapadd -D "cn=Manager, dc=company, dc=com" -W < tester"

>I get :
>
>ldap_add: Undefined attribute type
>ldap_add: additional info: maildrop

Which version of OpenLDAP are you using?  are you
running slapd?  I didn't think any OpenLDAP slapd
returns LDAP_UNDEFINED_TYPE.

>Here is my sladd.conf file:
>schemacheck     off

The server shouldn't be returning schema errors if
schema checking is off...

>Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

I think you have a software mismatch or something.

>As far as I can tell, I dont have the
>"maildrop" set up right,

If you had schema check on (and running OpenLDAP slapd),
I'd expect an objectclass violation to be returned.  "account"
doesn't allow userpassword nor maildrop.  You'll need to
extend the schema.  See the archives and/or slapd.*.conf
for examples.