passwd backend

Hello,

I am want to use ldap as frontend to my passwd file.
So far i managed to get ldap running with my password file, when i do a query like "ldapsearch 'cn=*'" it display's all the users in my /etc/passwd file. so far so good.

but when i try to use ldapadd with all the nessesary options the system comes back with the dialog: ldap_bind DSA is unwilling to perform
ldap_bind: additional info: Function not implemented

Does anybody know if what i am trying to do is possible (creating users through my ldapserver) and if yes, how to do this.

if the answer is no: is there a relative easy way to perform such a task ??

Greetings richard
CARD Services Zwolle B.V
Richard Pijlgroms
Tel(+31) 38 4233536 Fax (+31) 38 4233084
http://www.cardservices.nl, E-mail: pijlgroms@cardservices.nl
"We keep your systems running"