Re: Customizing installation

>>I tried to customize the directories where openldap finds it's conf files, etc
>>but had no luck.
>>
>>I ran configure like so:
>>
>>./configure --prefix=/opt/gnu/depot/openldap-1.2.6
>>--sysconfdir=/opt/openldap/etc --localstatedir=/opt/openldap/var
>>
>>Then I ran make all; make install.
>>
>>The install went fine but when I start slapd it still looks for config files
>>in $PREFIX/etc/openldap/etc instead of /opt/openldap/etc. I can fix that by
>>running slapd with the appropriate command line option but this also causes
>>havoc for the client programs because they can't find slapd.conf for things
>>like the base dn.

>You can use --without-subdir to disable the "openldap" subdirectory.

>As far as you sysconfdir path not getting set correctly, I'd check your
>configure input carefully (and config.status to verify the @sysconfdir@
>is being set appropriately).

Check config.status. Here's what I've got:

s%@exec_prefix@%${prefix}%g
s%@prefix@%/opt/gnu/depot/openldap-1.2.6%g
s%@program_transform_name@%s,x,x,%g
s%@bindir@%${exec_prefix}/bin%g
s%@sbindir@%${exec_prefix}/sbin%g
s%@libexecdir@%${exec_prefix}/libexec%g
s%@datadir@%${prefix}/share%g
s%@sysconfdir@%/opt/openldap/etc%g <----
s%@sharedstatedir@%${prefix}/com%g
s%@localstatedir@%/opt/openldap/var%g <----
s%@libdir@%${exec_prefix}/lib%g
s%@includedir@%${prefix}/include%g
s%@oldincludedir@%/usr/include%g
s%@infodir@%${prefix}/info%g
s%@mandir@%${prefix}/man%g

I don't know much about autoconf but it looks like it's doing the right thing.
Does slapd have a command line option to print out it's default paths?

Where else can I look to try and determine where the problem is occuring?