Strange behaviour on FreeBSD 3.s STABLE

	I've recently changed to OpenLDAP 1.2.6 with Berkeley DB 2.7.5.
I use a configure command
of

env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/lib"./configure --with-ldbm-api=db2 --datadir=/usr/local

	When I start slapd it all runs nice and fast but it grows, and grows
and grows and grows in memory. It starts at around 2MB and quickly gets to
around 38Mb in only a day. Theres about 8000 entries in the database.

	The other unusual behaviour is that it takes a very very long time to
do a batch of modifys. It does about one modify every second so updating all
8000 entries takes a very very long time.

	Are there any known issues with OpenLDAP and FreeBSD? The apparent
memory leak is the greatest concern.

Thanks,

Robert