disabling dn substring index

Hello,

We are setting up an LDAP server for a huge database (5 million
entries), and openldap performs very slow on index building with it,
spending a very long time building the substring dn index (dn.dbb). Is
there a configuration way to disable it (or just build an eq index) ? We
don't really need that index in our context and it would speed up
things.

On a side note, is there a way to change the default special attributes
names (objectClass, userPassword) to something else ?

Thanks for your help,

Gaël.

--
 Gaël Roualland - gael.roualland@iname.com