Re: Hmm..

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Alex Turner wrote:

> Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 16:05:58 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Alex Turner <root@maaco.com>
> To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
> Subject: Hmm..

[ Discussions regarding PADL's PAM/NSS LDAP modules are best conducted on the
  ldap-nis mailing list (see the ANNOUNCE file in the NSS package). ]

> I can query my own entry if I am myself, and therefore I should be able to
> authenticate, but pam_ldap-36 won't let me.  Is this because pam_ldap-36
> uses anonymous login automaticaly, or something else?

Anonymous is used (assuming a priv'd DN isn't configured in "/etc/ldap.conf")
for searching for the fully-qualified DN, at which point PAM will authenticate
(bind) as that DN (user).

What do you mean by the PAM_LDAP module "won't let [you]"?  It works here...

dave