newbie Q: how to install LDAP?

Greetings,

I tried to create a LDAP server on my machine running HP-UX 10.10. I
downloaded the source from:
ftp://ftp.OpenLDAP.org/pub/OpenLDAP/openldap-stable.tgz
<ftp://ftp.OpenLDAP.org/pub/OpenLDAP/openldap-stable.tgz>
I followed the instruction (file INSTALL):
1.	# tar xfz openldap-stable.tgz
		# cd ldap
2.	# vi include/ldapconfig.h.edit
		(but I don't know what to change, so I left it unchanged)
3.	# ./configure

but that command always stopped with last errors:

checking for db_185.h... no
checking for Berkeley DB... no
checking for GDBM library... checking for gdbm_open... no
checking for gdbm_open in -lgdbm... no
no
checking for gdbm.h... no
checking for db... no
configure: warning: skipping automatic checking for NDBM, must be manually
enabled.
configure: warning: could not find suitable LDBM backend
configure: error: select appropriate LDBM options or disable

so I couldn't continue to the steps (make install, make, and so on).
Please somebody tell me step by step on how to make it work.

Thanks,
-edi-

<<application/ms-tnef>>