Problem with build

Hi all,

So I just downloaded 1.2.3, and I had some problems building
slapd.  When it tries to build the executable, I get these
errors:

/usr/local/ldap/libldap.a(os-ip.o): In function 'close_connection':
os-ip.o(.text+0x208): multiple definition of 'close_connection'
result.o:/lore/ldap/servers/slapd/result.c:449: first defined here
/usr/i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol
'close_connection' changed from 170 to 21 in os-ip.o

Then the make dies.  Why is make pulling in libldap.a from
/usr/local/ldap?  I never specified to pull it in, and though
I suppose configure or make can be smart enough to find it,
why is it even relevant?  I'm making a new one, after all.

Any help on this?  Am I doing something stupid, or what?

--Keith
kkeller@slip.net