Re: question about ldapsearch

I haven't set up any access control yet so anon should be able to read. Plus it
works if I don't specify a base (falling back on ldap.conf) or if I specify a
base of 'o=Tivoli Systems'. It only fails if I try to use a base other than the
suffix defined in slapd.conf.

On 24-May-99 Borek Lupomesky wrote:
> On Mon, 24 May 1999, Jason Bodnar wrote:
>
>> ldapsearch -p 9000 -b 'ou=internal, ou=people, o=Tivoli Systems' 'cn=Jason
>> Bodnar'
>>
>> And I get nothing at all. Just returns me to my bash prompt.
>>
>> Now, I know cn=Jason Bodnar exists so why is ldapsearch not returning
>> anything?
>
>    First, search filter syntax requires round braces around the filter
> expression, so that you should use '(cn=Jason Bodnar)'. But I think this
> doesn't matter in this simple case.
>    So, are you sure, that anonymous user has really access to the entry?
> Is your defaultaccess read (or you have some more specific rule)?
>
>    Bye Borek
>
> --

> BOREK LUPOMESKY, network administrator    University of J. E. Purkyne
> WWW:       http://www.ujep.cz/~lupomesk/  Ceske mladeze 8
> IRCnet:    Borek @ #usti                  Usti nad Labem, 40012
> talk:      borek@ishtar.ujep.cz           The Czech Republic
> PGP keyid: 298F8888                       tel: +420-602-376368
> ==========[ MIME/ISO-8859-2 & PGP encrypted mail welcome ]===========

---
Jason Bodnar + jbodnar@tivoli.com + Tivoli Systems

Marge:  Homer, you're his father.  You've got to reason with him.

Homer:  Oh, that never works.  He's a goner!

                   Bart the Daredevil