Binding with a password in something other than userPassword

Is it possible to configure openldap to allow users to bind with a password
stored in an attribute other than userPassword? We're setting up ldap for web
authentication. We're getting our initial data from Lotus Notes R5 pretending
to be an ldap server. Notes already has a userPassword field so we decided to
use webPassword for web authentication. Is it possible to use that attribute
when binding?
---
Jason Bodnar + jbodnar@tivoli.com + Tivoli Systems

It all happened at the beginning of that turbulent decade known as the
eighties.  Those were idealistic days: the candidacy of John Anderson,
the rise of Supertramp.  It was an exciting time to be young.

                -- Homer Simpson
                   I Married Marge