LDAP Corruption

Hi,

    We are using LDAP (OpenLDAP ver 1.2 with Berkeley DB 2.3.16 as backend) as the main data repository
    and we are experiencing some corruption problems and trying to figure ways to get around that.

    * any queries/updates just hang at which point even the server needs a "kill -9" to die. (Restarting LDAP wont help)
    * Searching(subtree/onlevel) at a base other than the root fails.

    Do any of the later versions of LDAP solve any of the above issues and should we get a new version of the backend DB?

    Any input is deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
-Lavanya