Large search results

My mail directory contains a large number of users for certain domains
and I would like to enumerate all entries under a specific domain.  It is
trivial to use a query to do that for small numbers of results (<=500)
and I am aware of sizelimit in slapd.conf to increase that limit, but
the code seems to indicate that I can't push it beyond 65535 and I need
much more.

Are there any suggestions how to enumerate all entries without using a
search that returns them all at once? If the C API can do that, I can
write my own client to perform such tasks.

Michael