Re: How can I run?

Thank you very much. Comment and question below.

Julio Sánchez Fernández wrote:

> Angela Liang wrote:
>
> > I don't know how to run.
> >
> > I tried to do the man page - "man ldapadd" or "man ldapadd.1" but I
> > don't get the man page.
>
> Since you installed in a non-standard directory you need to teach man
> how to find those manpages, do 'man man' and read about the -M option,
> the MANPATH environment variable and possibly a man configuration file.

Thank you for teaching me.

> > How to build the client to test?
>
> In principle, you now have the clients compiled and installed.  You
> need to start now configuring your server and creating an initial
> database.  Clients will not be useful until you have a server in
> running condition.

I used the command
/home/<custom_path_from_home_ldap>/ldap/libexec/slapd -f
/home/<custom_path_from_home_ldap>/ldap/etc/openldap/slapd.conf

When I used command "ps -a" or "ps -A", I did not see slapd running? What's
wrong?

Thank you very much for your prompt help.

Angela